in Italy: romantic
Civil weddings in Italy
Get married in Italy with the most traditional wedding ceremony. The authentic Italian civil marriage.
There are many locations in our country where to plan a legal ceremony. Charming villas, medieval castles, historical Palazzos, panoramic terraces are spread out all over the country. Venues are endless and can satisfy every taste.
Civil wedding ceremonies in Italy are distinguished by the following facts:
- Civil ceremonies are officiated by an Italian authority and are legally recognized in your country.
- Ceremony is performed in Italian by Mayor or civil registrar, with an official Interpreter
- Ceremony consists in a mix between the articles of the Italian civil code and traditional marriage vows
- Ceremony lasts about twenty minutes
- Two witnesses are necessary
- Civil ceremony by law must take place in buildings approved by the Italian government.
- Outdoor civil ceremony can be performed only in certain locations approved by the Italian authorities. Agencies offering civil weddings out of the town hall, perform religious ceremonies with legal validity, not the traditional and real Italian civil ceremony.
- Civil ceremonies in Italy can be customized with elements that express your personality and values: music, readings, poetry and personal vows.
We invite you to view the most charming and popular marriage halls of Italy where to celebrate a civil wedding ceremony.