What to do two months before your wedding in Italy? The main details have already been decided, but the last finishing touches are also important for a perfect destination wedding. Above all don’t forget that the big day is all about the bridal couple, and with the help of our wedding planners you will create a unique event, a personal and unforgettable experience. Follow these guidelines and everything will turn out great!
- Paperwork – Check with your wedding planner if paperwork procedure is complete (this is not required if you are planning a symbolic ceremony).
- Final list of attendees – Review final RSVP list and call any guests who have not yet sent their response. This is important because most venues need the final list of attendees between 60 to 30 days prior the wedding, when their balance payment is required.
- Payments – Settle payments of balance due to suppliers and venues.
- Finalize your prenuptial agreement, if you have one.
- Confirm dates for bridal showers and bachelor and bachelorette parties and send the invitations.
- Finalize your honeymoon itinerary.
- Verify that accommodation plans are in order and you have cancelled rooms which are no longer needed.
- Hair and Make-Up: confirm final list of guests requiring this service.
- Ceremony: Discuss processional and recessional order. Purchase any extra items you wish to have, such as unity candle, toasting glasses, ring pillow, wedding guest book and a special pen.
- Seating Plan – Once you have received all RSVPs, start working on a seating plan based on the layout discussed with your wedding planner.
- Wedding Dinner: Provide to your wedding planner a list of all guests with special dietary requirements. Confirm how many children are coming to the wedding, their names, ages, and food requirements. Confirm with your wedding planner how many staff meals are needed.
- Speeches – Write the wedding speeches (groom, best man, father of the bride…). Inform your wedding planner of the length of each speech, provide the names of the speakers. We recommend speeches to be done before dinner starts and after the main course!
- Music for Wedding Reception – Communicate your favourite music for the following moments:
- Entrance of Bride and Groom at wedding reception
- Cutting of the cake
- First dance of Bride and Groom
- Father-Daughter dance
- Mother-Son dance
- Playlist for dancing part
- Last songs to end the party
Make sure that your musicians have a list of what to play and what NOT to play.
We are conscious that every wedding is different, so timings may vary in different cases. We hope these guidelines are useful but don’t worry: our expert wedding planners will always be at your side and give you advice about every aspect of the wedding!
In the next article about the schedule of wedding planning we will explain you the last things to do 1 month to 1 week before the wedding. We hope this is useful for any bride wishing to have a fabulous destination wedding in Italy!