Planning a destination wedding in Italy may seem complex because of the various aspects you have to keep track of: ceremony, reception, services, paperwork, accommodation, invites… The secret is doing things at the right time, not too early and not too late: with the help of our Italian wedding planners this is easy, because they will counsel you step by step. These are the most important things to do 6 to 3 months prior to the wedding.
- Paperwork – begin gathering the necessary documents for your wedding. More information about our paperwork service is available on our website.
- Send invites with RSVP. Keep a list of acceptances and refusals.
- Wedding Menu – You can select your ideal wedding menu from a list or creating your own one just mixing and matching courses. The menu can be either FISH or MEAT based and should be the same for the majority of guests. The chef can propose an alternative for those guests who have specific dietary requirements (vegetarian, vegan, celiac, lactose intolerant, allergies, etc.).
- Menu Tasting – It is possible to arrange a tasting, the specific date must be booked in advance.
- Wine Selection – Once selected your ideal menu, the sommelier will send their recommendation based on your budget.
- Linens and Chairs – Check what is the standard table set-up offered by your wedding venue: tablecloths, chairs, chargers, plates, glassware… Discuss with your planner possible alternatives in case you wish to consider different tableware.
- Farewell Brunch – Work on the menu and floral decors for the farewell brunch.
- Welcome Dinner – Work on the menu and floral decors for the welcome or rehearsal dinner.
- Wedding Favors – Choose and order wedding favors (final count to be given after you receive the RSVP’s). It would be nice to choose something typical of the area where you are getting married!
- Welcome Bags – If you are you interested in organizing personalized tote bags to give to your guests upon arrival this is the right time to work on this! Your wedding planner can help you with the design, content and delivery.
- Choose and order the Wedding Attire for the groom, best man, bridesmaids, fathers, mothers and ushers.
- Choose your Jewelry, which may include something old, something new, something borrowed, something pink and something blue.
- Start working on the content of the Ceremony with your celebrant.
- Choose and order your Wedding Rings.
We hope this is useful for any couple wishing to celebrate a fabulous destination wedding in Italy! Keep following our blog and in the next articles, you will discover the next steps for an impeccably planned Italian wedding.