If you are thinking about a destination wedding in Italy it is important to take decisions at the right time. Our expert wedding planners will assist you through the entire process but it is useful to know in advance the best time to make your choices to ensure a smooth and stress free organization.
So he has just proposed to you, you have told all your friends and relatives, have received a lot of congratulations and are happy and excited, and then you suddenly think: and now where do I start from? Here are the most important things you need to do at least one year before your wedding day.
- Choose the right wedding planner to plan your destination wedding in Italy: she will help you with all initial stages of the planning!
- Work on your budget: determine how much you wish to spend based on your families’ contributions and your own.
- Start the guest list: make a head count database to use throughout your planning process, with columns for contact info, RSVPs, gifts, and any other relevant information.
- Choose your ceremony site and book it.
- Choose your reception venue, book it and finalize contracts.
- Send a save the date to the people attending to the wedding, to inform them you are getting married in Italy.
- Choose your photographer and secure him with a contract and down deposit payment.
- Choose your videographer and secure him with a contract and down deposit payment.
- Book a celebrant for your wedding ceremony.
- Pick your wedding party: determine who will be the maid of honor, bridesmaids, best man.
- Creative Folder: Begin leafing through bridal, lifestyle, fashion, design and food magazines for inspiration. Use Pinterest and start creating a board. Determine the color scheme and the main style of your wedding.
- Start thinking about your ideal wedding gown!
I hope this list can help you start planning your destination wedding in Italy! In the next post I will tell you what to do 9 to 6 months before your wedding.