One month before the big day! Your fabulous destination wedding is just around the corner and I am sharing with you some tips for the days before you pack your suitcase and take your flight to Italy.
1 Month Before the Wedding
- Reconfirm final details with your wedding planner once you receive the Wedding Program. Discuss any necessary last-minute substitutions.
- Give the last head count to your Wedding planner.
- Ask the best man to make sure all groomsmen attend fittings and pick up their outfits.
- Pick up the wedding rings.
- Finalize vows.
- Seating Plan – Finalize your seating arrangements and prepare place cards/table signs. Sort them in 1 envelope per table in clockwise order for your wedding planner to set up for you on your wedding day with no misunderstandings.
- Wrap the wedding party gifts.
- Start writing thank you notes.
- Create a “ceremony box” to gather your ceremony accessories (marriage license, candles, ring pillow, basket, guest book).
- Prepare a “reception box” for accessories such as guest book, pens, cameras, toasting goblets, cake toppers, etc.
- Have your bachelor and bachelorette parties! Have fun!
Prior to Your Departure
- Have your final wedding gown fitting. Pick up your wedding dress and make sure all of your accessories are together.
- Pick up the groom’s outfit, make sure it fits, and gather all of his accessories together.
- Prepare cash payments and place them into separate envelopes for each vendor. Every cash payment is specified on your wedding schedule. These will be handed to your wedding planner for any final balances to be paid on spot.
- Discuss speeches and toasts with all involved guests and adjust them if needed. Keep them short!
- Make sure that your shoes are comfortable and easy to walk in. Practice your first dance wearing your bridal shoes.
- Read carefully the timeline of your wedding. Our wedding planners will send you a detailed program – almost minute-by-minute – that specifies exact timings for the bridal couple, wedding vendors, celebrant, guests… This program is vital to ensure a stress free wedding day. But don’t forget that our wedding coordinators will always be at your side to supervise any last minute changes.
Repeat after us: Everything will turn out great! Don’t forget that it’s all about you, the bride and groom, and the love you share, it’s your special day, so get ready and relax!