Hiring the best musicians able to create a special atmosphere for your wedding is essential when planning a successful Italian wedding!
I married one of the best-known Italian Jazz musicians, and the music reigns in every corner of my house, therefore I pay very much attention when hiring a band that will play at my weddings. My main desire is creating a perfectly planned event and music is certainly one of the most important things that need to be carefully organized for an Italian wedding entertainment that will create the right atmosphere.
What is the right music entertainment during the ceremony? 90% of couples choose to hire classical musicians and I highly recommend the following options:
- Single musician (harpist, guitarist or violinist)
- Violin and cello
- Harpist & Flautist
- Harpist & Soprano
- Harpist & Violin
- String Trio or Quartet
- Guitar & Mandolin (recommended in southern Italian locations)
- Organist & Soprano or Tenor (for church ceremonies)
Top selection of classic wedding music for a wedding ceremony:
- Air on the G String – J.S.Bach – this is an extremely famous and popular piece for a wedding ceremony. It is gentle, calming, definitely beautiful and these qualities are a perfect complement for any wedding.
- Canon in D – Johan Pachelbel – Another very popular piece played mainly during the processional. It is very elegant and delicate. It is a perfect song for brides walking down the aisle.
- Ave Maria – Bach/Gounod – This enchanting piece of music has a very dream-like melody, that evokes tranquillity and peace. Mainly used during religious ceremonies.
- Ave Verum Corpus – Mozart – This is a perfect piece to be played in-between parts of the ceremony or while guests are waiting for the bride to arrive. Classic harmonies.
- Gabriel’s Oboe – Morricone – One of the most romantic and delicate songs for a wedding. Evokes magical and pure atmospheres.
- “Winter” from the Four Season – A. Vivaldi – Joyful piece mainly played at the exit of the ceremony.
- Trumpet Voluntary – Clark
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring – J.S. Bach – popular and elegant piece mainly used for processional
- Air from Water Music – Handel – his triumphant and regal melody makes it perfect to be played during the processional
- Wedding march (Bridal Chorus) Wagner – the Queen of all wedding melodies. This piece is the most famous melody for the bride’s entrance.
The cocktail time is another important moment of your wedding as it sets the mood for the whole event. Suitable music entertainment during the cocktail time are:
- String Trio or Quartet
- Bossanova Latin Jazz Band
- Neapolitan duets
- Gipsy guitar
- Jazz Duet
Gipsy style guitar music…
Neapolitan Traditional music…
During the wedding banquet, there are endless options to choose from… classical musicians, live Jazz, Swing or Pop bands, the most requested genres of musical entertainment during the wedding meal for a wedding in Italy are:
- Pianist solo
- Pianist & Singer
- classical musicians such as String Quartet, Guitarist, classical duet
- Jazz or Swing Bands
- Pop and Funky Bands
- Latin Bands
- Italian Wedding Bands (folklore music)
- Latin Jazz Bands
A big band with singers to dance the night away…
A funky band to dance after dinner…
Latin Cuban music for a lively after dinner…
Jazz Band with singer Sinatra style
If you are interested in organizing a special music entertainment for your wedding in Italy, do not hesitate to contact us!